About Me

My photo
Well, let's see...I'm a mommy and a wife that crafts on the little spare time I have...I tend to sleep late to get more crafting in...I think we all do that. I can almost never finish a single project start to finish...why? Because I come up with a way better project or idea and have to do it RIGHT NOW!!! Needless to say I have many projects unfinished, kind of all over my craft room (hehe). I love working with all sorts of supplies, paper, lace, pearls, paint, sprays…anything pretty much. I've yet to try many other wonderful supplies out there but one day I will…and will leave an unfinished project behind to start a new one…

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Frozen Birthday Drama

As most of you know Disney's Frozen has been a HUGE success.  It is by far one of my favorite movies...and Sophia's also.  My husband and I took the kids to see this movie end of December.  Little did I know she would fall into instant love.  The music is phenomenal and the story line is not the typical.  She now sings and pretty much knows the movie by heart.
 
My little princess is now wanting an Elsa Birthday.  I thought "Sure not a big deal", I'll just hook myself up at party city.  But before I knew it, I hadn't drawn my guest list to figure out a rough count.  By the time I went to purchase needed items everything was SOLD OUT.  It is now mid February and most places are still sold out.  You can find a single thing you might need in about five different sites.  After shipping its insane. 
 
The party favors where my biggest issue...so I decided to make my own.  And so we begin...
 
The inspiration to create my own party favors came mostly from my daughter but also the fact that the favors are not really that great.  They are disposable....not memorable at all.  Most of them are unless you can come up with (or have the money) for something extraordinary.  I also wanted the girls that came to celebrate Sophia's birthday to walk away with something that they would enjoy for a lot longer than a temporary tattoo or stickers.
 
Hair Accessories!!!!
 
And after a long debate with MYSELF (that's when the crazy comes out) I decided to post these all in my Etsy Shop.  
 
After many hours of trying out new ways to come up with something unique (at least to my eye) I came up with several different hair accessories to incorporate as the party favors...or "Thank You For Coming" gifts.  I can't even remember what I created first...so in no particular order....here you go!
 
Thank you all for stopping by...subscribe for my 2014 goal of paying it forward...what does that mean?? Subscribe and find out...the suspense...eeeeee
 
Hugs, Luane
 
The Headband


 
 The Mini Crown

  
 
 
 
 
The Clip

 
 The Snowflakes
 
Yes, I know, my French braid SUCKS
 
 Crown & Snowflake Combo
 
Clip & Snowflake Combo
 

4 comments:

  1. Let me just say " ARE YOU KIDDING ME !" they are gorgeous!!! wow you do an ammmmaaazzzzzing job. wowzers, Wow you are so talented, now I wish I was going to the birthday party just to get a hair clip. wow you are so talented I can't imagine any little girl at the party not being so excited to have a headband. Great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you, you're so sweet. Now imaging doing all that x16 whew. Party is next week, will be so relieved when it's finally here...and done.

      Delete