Through out the past few years I have collected all sorts of "things" to go with what ever craft project I'm currently working on. The biggest problem I have is that I refuse to spend a boatload of money of just 5 pieces of anything....y'all know how that goes. So I find the "deals" or what I think are deals and end up with 5x10 of what ever I only needed 2 of. Then, I don't use them because they are too cute and don't want to run out...yup...a total hoarder.
This all came about when a friend posted on Facebook some heartfelt and probably recopied post about giving more and loving more and just doing MORE to make others happy and not expecting something in return (I totally recopied the post too, lol). Basically the first five people to post on her comment would get something special from her, whether it be homemade, store bought or whatever. This would need to be done sometime this year, 2014, no heads up. You'll just go to your mailbox one day and will have a little something special from a special friend.
This inspired me and gave me the idea of making all the projects that I really wanted to do or try out new techniques or products and to actually give them away. Not a swap, not to someone I know but to some random person. One of my biggest reasons to not trying something new or to start a new project is that I just don't have enough room in my house to display or store things. If I make something, I'd rather someone who would actually use it, or display it, have it. This is also a great way to de-stash, just sayin. Of course there were kinks to work out and I think I have them all sorted out....so, without further ado.
This is my 2014 Pay It Forward Plan
- First and foremost, you must be a follower/subscriber of my blog.
Why you might ask?
Because the items that I will give away will be to those who follow my blog.
I will also post videos on my YouTube channel, or will try to post for every one, a video to let you all know what's being given away and so you can see it in more detail. Links would be posted on both the blog and my YouTube channel.
- All projects/de-stashing will be posted on this blog. If you are interested in receiving the item you must post a comment under the item I am giving away.
- For now, each person will be eligible to win once.
- The winner will be responsible for paying shipping.
- Now I know what your thinking, "Winner pay for the shipping?! That's crazy talk!" Well, if I give away as much as I'm planning I just wont have enough money for shipping for me to pay for every single one, soooo. I'm afraid that will be a requirement.
- If you are a winner you will have 48 hours to pay for shipping (I will give you a total), you would need to GIFT the shipping payment to me via PayPal, unless the winner would rather e-mail me a shipping label. That would also work, I'm pretty sure it would work...we'll see I guess.
I think that's it for now...
The first item that I will give away will be posted in March, February is a busy month for me and can't wait to get all my birthday stuff done (Kids birthdays are in Feb...fun)
I'm pretty sure this is it...if I've missed something or if questions need to be answered please comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.